Monday, November 08, 2004

Getting Started

I wondered about creating my own blog, because I am not much into journaling. I sometimes begin a new year with a fresh, clean, beautifully decorated journal, only to have five or six pages of it filled up before it is placed on my bookshelf, never to be written in again. However, it is nice to think that when there are times when I have thoughts that need to come out of my little head, I now have a place to release them. My poor husband, who can only handle about 1000 words coming out of my mouth in a single evening, will be eternally grateful.

I imagine my blog will be a hodgepodge of topics. I am a stay-at-home mom of 4 children, a devout Roman catholic, and an avid Sacramento Kings fan. I love to read, and my favorite fiction books are Little Women, Jane Eyre, and To Kill a Mockingbird. My favorite television shows are CSI and Alias. My favorite movies range from Steel Magnolias to The Usual Suspects. My favorite musical group is ABBA, and at almost every wedding I attend, there will be a request for "Dancing Queen". I like both coffee and tea, and I know how to crochet but rarely do it. I love to eat food, but hate to cook. I am registered non-partisan because I have essential, fundamental problems with both the elephant and the donkey. I am a bargain hunter by nature but refuse to shop regularly at Wal-Mart, which surely will be a topic passionately digested at some point here.

My name comes from one of the most valuable books for those of us living everyday lives, yet trying to rise to the level of extraordinary holiness. "The Introduction to the Devout Life", written by St. Francis de Sales was a book given to me by my close friend and sister-in-law, who eventually became a Carmelite nun, and it is one of the best gifts I have ever received.

That sums it for for me at this time. More later..... unless this blog ends up being just another one of those partially filled journal, only this time placed on a virtual shelf for all of you to see.

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie D. said...

Welcome to the blogging world. I know how you feel because I felt the same way but it is a great ... what do I say here (?) ... pastime, expressive mode, way to make friends ... all of the above and more. From what I can see I'm gonna have to stop by here a lot, especially as a fellow Alias fan. Now you just have to tell me that you're watching Lost and Veronica Mars and I'll KNOW we're meant to be pals! :-) Julie D.

4:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bargain hunting, every book I dearly love, not to mention Steel Magnolias! Here's a glass to you not forgetting about this diary. It's good to have you. I'll link you to us, too. What got you thinking about blogging?

12:16 PM  
Blogger John Burzynski said...

Welcome to the blogging world, you will be addicted in no time, I guarantee it.

I am sorry to hear about your like for the Scaramento Kings...unfortunately I have a dislike for most things NBA. LOL

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home