Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Don't call yourselves "Catholic" dissidents, please.

I am not a subscriber, so I didn't get to read this full story.

Oct. 04 (CWNews.com) - The international dissident movement "We Are Church" is issuing an appeal to the Catholic bishops, gathered in Rome for the Synod, to confront the "real" problems relating to the Eucharist.


At an October 4 press conference in Rome, the dissident group called for reconsideration of the key Catholic doctrine on the transubstantiation, an end to the "hierarchical monopoly" on the sacraments, and approval of shared communion with other Christian denominations.


My question to these "Catholic" dissidents: WHY ARE YOU CATHOLIC? If you don't believe the Eucharist is the source and summit of the faith, how in the world can you call yourselves Catholic? It is as if I claimed to be a Marxist but didn't believe in communism, or if I considered myself an athiest but believed in God! Come on people! Sheesh.

And I love that term, "hierarchical monopoly" on the sacraments.... I know, it's astounding that anyone would expect one to be CATHOLIC in order to receive Sacraments in the CATHOLIC Church. I don't go to France and then complain about the "hierarchical monopoly" on French citizenship, do I? And I just don't see many Protestants beating down our doors chanting, "Give us Confession! Give us Confession!" Or if I do, it is usually the parish's RCIA candidates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home