Wednesday, March 01, 2006

My resolutions

My Lenten resolution, along with G.R.'s is to pray together as a couple every day. We pray with the kids, as a family, even individually, but rarely just he and I anymore. We hope to change that over these next few weeks. I've also heard that praying together is an excellent way for couples to reconnect, since many times we get insight into the struggles, worries, and joys of a person when we hear his prayers from his heart.

I also am hoping to make a list of intentions for each day of Lent and say a Rosary for that particular intention each day. Today's intention: my cousin who is in jail (not for the first time) for drug possesion with intent to sell and who has learned he has prostate and testicular cancer at age 37. He is now refusing treatment because he feels he has screwed his life up as well as those he has been close with and he is giving up.

And I am going to use this entire Lenten season to try and overcome a struggle I have been having for a couple of years now (sorry, its personal). I hope to say a chaplet for it each day, but if not, then at least to make a concerted effort in overcoming it.

What I decided not to give up this Lent:
soap operas (a usual Lenten sacrifice that really isn't much a of a sacrifice anymore. I watch them only occaisionally now and only when really bored).
TV (that would just be too hard!)
the internet (I have to check my e-mail everyday due to some obligations and didn't think I could only check e-mail without going online).
coffee (I don't want to deal with the headaches in the beginning).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home