Thursday, October 06, 2005

Slow going with "Julie"

For those who pay attention to my sidebar, on my current reading list is Julie of the Wolves. This is the latest selection of the book club my sister-in-law and I began for ourselves and our children (well, mine are still a few years too young, ,but we are two of three adults in the club; the other members are ranging from age 7-13). By the way, our official name for our book-club is "Story Seekers".

I'm having a hard time getting though "Julie". I, for one, have a very hard time reading books where there is primarily only one character in the entire book (and no, I am not counting the wolves). I also have a hard time reading books with little-to-no dialogue (I also struggled through Hatchet, our last selection). I think the survival storyline is interesting, but I have to admit that it isn't high on my list of storylines I dive into (unlike my favorite genre: mystery).

However, I will finish, because I do recognize its value, and I don't want to be the aunt-who-never-finishes-a-book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home