Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Spiritual Warfare: praying in front of abortion clinics really works!

I used to pray in front of our local abortion clinic when I was engaged and in college. This inspirational story makes me think that once all my little ones are in school, it is a habit I would like to take up again. It really is a powerful experience. I remember there was our little group of Catholics praying the Rosary, a couple of Protestants holding protest signs, and then a trio of people who would actually block any pregnant moms from coming into contact with us. One of them even said to us "Having an abortion was the best thing I ever did." We would sometimes get honks from cars passing by in support, and sometimes the horns would blare in contempt, followed by obscenities and gestures hurled at us from their car window. Interestingly, the sound of the horns are the same, but even with my back turned I knew which ones were in solidarity and which ones were in opposition. But praying in front of the abortion clinic was one of the things I loved most because I felt like I was aiding the Holy Spirit in saving lives.

Thanks to Maria from Catholic Mom Community for the link.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home