Friday, March 04, 2005

Meet Arwen/Elizabeth

I have recently come upon this new blog, which I have thoroughly LOVED reading so far. Arwen/Elizabeth's most recent post was an inspiration to me. If you all have time, check it out, and I'm also including my comment to her post here:

Your post has really inspired me. No, it did not inspire me to have my husband read this post so he could be more like your Michael, although the thought did pass through my head! :) Actually, it inspired me to be like your husband to my husband. I am certainly the more selfish out of the two of us. It is something I get inspired to work on every so often, but then the feeling leaves and I am back on the couch asking my dear hubby to "get this" or "get that" or "do this or that" for me....please?

Sometimes he gets in a selfish mood as well, and it is almost like we are competing for who can get what out of each other! And is really should be the other way around. We should be competing to serve each other and love each other. "No, let ME do that for you!", "No, really, I will!" "No, YOU sleep in, I'll get the kids their cereal!" "No, please, let ME change the baby's poopy pamper!"

Give your Michael a big thank you from this selfish wife. And thank you for your gratitude, because without it there wouldn't have been this post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home