Saturday, May 14, 2005

Tagged again!

By Julie at Illuminated Obscurity.

1. Total Number of Books I’ve Owned: I honestly don't know, but it has to be close to 1000 from childhood to now, although I've gotten rid of, sold, or ruined many.

2. Last Book I Bought: I actually don't buy a lot because I am a library-freak. But it was The Introduction to the Devout Life by St. Francis de Sales (my fave!).

3. Last Book I Read: Blessed Are the Cheesmakers (can't remember the author).

4. 5 Books that mean a lot to me:

The Introduction to the Devout Life by St. Francis de Sales speaks straight to my heart on how to be a holy person. It's a great guide for lay people.

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte because of Jane's willingness to do what was right despite her passions or despair.

Anne of Green Gables (L.M. Montgomery) series because as a cynic, I have always strove to be as positive, supportive, and as joyfully raw as Anne.

Circle of Friends by Maeve Binchy because it was one of the first books I read where the girl ditches the guy for the sake of her self, and that concept was once so foreign to me.

The Song of Solomon (or Song of Songs) in the Bible because of its sexual nature. I always had a problem with seeing sex as something beautiful and holy (due to some bad experiences) and when it was pointed out to me that this book of the Bible described the union God wants to have with His people (through the analogy of bride and bridegroom) and that God would not use sex for that image if it wasn't something meant to be incredibly holy and beautiful. It changed my whole attitude on sex, love, and marriage.

5. Tag 5 people and have them do this on their blog

martha, martha...
Mary Poppins NOT
Kate
John B.
epiphany

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home