Friday, November 04, 2005

Some input from other moms, please....

I have always experienced that "nesting hormone" rush before the baby comes. You know, the one that not only inspires you to scrub your entire house down for the baby, but also the one that actually gives you the energy and wherewithall to do it.

I have become inspired to clean my oven, vacuum my air vents, call a hauling company for the brush in my alleyway, and dust off the light-bulbs that are underneath the light fixtures in my bathroom. However, have I actually done these things? No. I've experienced the paranoia and panic of NOT doing them, and the despair and feeling so tired and heavy that I can't do them. So, is the nesting hormone less potent in me this time around because this is #5, or am I just still not ready to go yet and my body is still waiting to give me the cue sometime next week? I mean, with all the others, I had everything DONE by the time the baby came, and to me that was a clue that my body was ready to go because the nesting hormone had acted sufficiently.

So, right now, I am afraid that that baby will come too soon and I will have nothing accomplished (I don't even have the bassinet set up yet) because there is something deficient in my nesting hormone!

Then Monday I got smacked by a cold, yet it was minor. But to top it off, yesterday I was walloped by the stomach flu, of which I am recovering today. While this is quite inconvenient and actually more cause for that paranoid feeling of everything not getting done (since my house is now a disaster due to my couch-ridden state), I am glad to be getting the winter illnesses over BEFORE the baby comes.

So, ladies, ease my mind. PLEASE tell me that you ALL experienced the surge of nesting hormones before your babies came everytime so I will not worry that the baby will come before my body goes into hyper-overdrive and gets all pre-baby tasks accomplished. Please tell me the nesting hormone potency does not wear off with each child!

OK, so I've proofread this post and realize that I really, really sound like a hormonal pregnant lady right now. Maybe you should all offer up a prayer for me to settle down a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home