Monday, July 04, 2005

Thankful to have seen...

...Hotel Rwanda last night. It's a perfect way to begin the 4th of July holiday. I woke up today completely thankful for the country we live in, the freedoms we have, the security we have, and the fear that we don't have and can't completely understand without having lived it. Another thought that brought me gratitude, but also much guilt, is that if I were in another country and something bad happened to me, I would either be saved, rescued, fought for, or internationally mourned, not because I am a human being, a child of God, or a victim, but because I am an American. All of us who are American citizens have much to reflect on today. Independence Day? I'm thinking that today is actually Thanksgiving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home