Monday, June 13, 2005

Dance Ministry

I took my daughter to her first Dance Ministry class today. Basically, it is a summer program just like any other dance class, except it is all to Christian music and each class is begun with prayer. The emphasis is not on performing in the typical sense, but rather the theme is "Praise Him with Dance!" My friend started it a few years ago as a way to do some kind of ministry in her parish that she loved and had enough knowledge in. I love this idea, and I greatly admire my friend, Francine, the coordinator of it all. She started this program because rather than sitting down and looking through the Church bulletin at the typical ministries she could have volunteered for but wasn't really excited about, she started something completely new. She brought a fresh idea to the parish, and they responded excitedly. I participated last year in the adult women's dance, but this summer I am much too pregnant to do so. My daughter's song for her dance is "Awesome God", and she is also doing a Polynesian dance, but we won't find out that song until tonight. The performance is in August, with practices twice a week until then. It is also nice because us moms can sit and have some great fellowship with other Catholic moms while the girls are practicing, and the kids are introduced to other Catholic kids from around the area. All around, it's a spiritually beneficial committment we will gladly make every summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home