Friday, June 10, 2005

I don't want to be picky....

I am glorifying in the Spurs win over Detroit last night, the first game of the NBA finals, which opened with Alanis Morissette singing the national anthem, and Will Smith then performing his latest hit "Switch" for the crowd. Now, I don't want to be picky, but what is the NBA thinking by having the most watched series of the year set in the southern United States state of Texas open with a Canadian singing the national anthem and a Philadelphia fan performing a hip-hop song (please, this is no offense to Canadians, Philadelphians, or hip-hoppers)? I mean, I love Alannis and I think Smith is alright, but where was the country tunes? Where was anything resembling San Antonio? Even something resembling Tex-Mex would've done. Am I wrong here?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home